Today, the training course activities started in the field of steel making technology, organized by the Arab Iron and Steel Union at Bahrain Steel. The program aims to provide the participants with information related to the smelting nature and the rates of materials and interactions that accompany smelting operations. The training course will address the following topics:
- Electrical arc furnaces
- Direct arc
- Submerged arc
- Indirect arc
- Electrical induction furnaces
- Reactions that occur in the various stages of steel production in the Electrical arc furnace
- Gases in the steel industry
- Crucible furnace
- Casting from an electrical arc furnace
- Continuous casting
- Types of products by continuous casting and rolling operations
- Disadvantages that arise from the mistakes in the continuous casting
The training field is the principal goal of the Union, which aims to increase the abilities and expertise of human resources, including engineers and technicians in the iron and steel industry field and its development through various training programs in the technical, organizational, and administrative areas.
The Union implemented several training courses in cooperation with Arab institutions and organizations, benefiting thousands of workers in prominent steel companies in the Arab world.