Ezz_steel1
Arab Steel Summit
kuwait_steel1
imatal4
Ezz_Web_Banner_Side_280x200
qatar_steel2
Slide
Arab Steel Summit
Kallanish3_23_2
Arab Steel Summit

Completing 90% of the iron and steel plant in Basra, with a production capacity of 500,000 tonnes

The General Iron and Steel Company revealed the stages of completion in the new factory, stressing that the completion rate has reached 90%, and the company explained that the remaining percentage is related only to data entry while indicating that the specified production capacity of the plant as a final product is in the range of 500,000 tonnes annually.

Majid Shendi Mahoud, in charge of the duties of the Director-General of the General Iron and Steel Company, told the Iraqi News Agency: “The rehabilitation project for the General Iron and Steel Company is divided into two parts, the first includes the contract for the rehabilitation of the rolling mill, and the other is the steel plant contract rehabilitation”.

He added, “The first part is the contract to rehabilitate the rolling mill, where the completion rate has reached 90%, which is a fast completion rate when compared to the previous completion rates that is before we carried responsibility.”

He continued, “A part of the rehabilitation works of the factory was 0%, and now it is at 100%. Some of them were 70% completed, and today they have reached 100% as well. Others had a 10% completion rate and have now reached 50%.”

He stressed, “During the past four months, the completion rates increased at an accelerating pace, and the difference in the total percentages of the project reached 90%, and the remaining 10%, which include the process of entering data through the SCADA system, and this is the automation system that controls all operations in the entire production line.” Noting, “The human intervention in it is very little, this requires the introduction of programs related to the subject of control, and these programs are introduced by Turkish supervisors and experts.”

He pointed out, “We are waiting for the entry processes, which require 45 days, as they will finish entering them during this period, and we are waiting for them to reach the Iron and Steel Company after obtaining the required approvals from Visa and others.”  Stressing that “next week, they will begin the process of entering the software, and then we will have then run the line.”

 

 

Twitter
Facebook

Related News

Ezz-780-1
kuwit-steel3
mih-1
Arab Steel Summit

Latest News

الاتحاد العربي للحديد والصلب

لوريم ايبسوم هو نموذج افتراضي يوضع في التصاميم لتعرض على العميل ليتصور طريقه وضع النصوص بالتصاميم سواء كانت تصاميم مطبوعه لوريم ايبسوم ليتصور طريقه لوريم ايبسوم.

About AISU

Arab Iron and Steel Union was established in Algeria in 1972 as the first Arab Union of the Arab countries to be founded under the Council of Economic Unity umbrella in the League of Arab States.

It is the first Arab organization to specialize in the iron and steel field, and its tasks fall within making plans aimed mainly at developing and growing the iron and steel industry in the Arab world.

Arab Iron and Steel Union comprises a wide range of multi-activity companies related to the iron and steel industry from the Arab countries.

Information

92 Members

28 Board of Directors

17 Country

300.000 Employees

Subscribe Newsletter

Contact us

General Secretariat
Tel +21323304221 Fax +21323304254
Mail: relex@solbarab.org

Cairo Regional Office
Tel +20233356219 Fax +20233374790
Mail: aisucairo@solbarab.org