AISU aims to support and assist its members through:
- Working on co-operation, coordination and integration in the fields of the iron and steel industry in the Arab countries.
- Activating and strengthening co-operation and exchange among its members in all fields.
- Activating and supporting the member companies and organizations to procure their requirements of raw materials, iron and steel industry products and the other requirements of this industry, marketing, and exchanging them within the best conditions.
- Providing the member companies and organizations with technical, economic and commercial information related to iron and steel industry.
- Supporting the member companies in the career development field.
- Extending assistance for the development of the vocational and technical training of the people involved in the iron and steel industry by organizing periodical courses, meetings and conferences.
- Supporting the members in solving their problems included in its specializations when requested.
- Conducting arbitration assignments among the members and non-members in the matters included in its specializations when requested.
- Co-operating with the similar Arab and foreign unions, scientific societies and organizations.
- Conducting the technical and economic studies for the development of the iron and steel industry separately or under co-operation with other entities
- Participating in the standardization and introduction of the technical terms and specifications used in the iron and steel industry and in the indicators governing them.