Metal Expert invites market participants to the 12th MENA Billet & Flats Conference to be held in Istanbul, Turkey on May 29-30, 2023.
Turkey in focus:
– competitiveness of steelmakers in Turkey amid rising energy expenses
– prospects of domestic consumption recovery amid new political cycle and stimuli
– EMEA as a major export outlet, but what about new directions?
– China reopening as key influencing factor for global trade and steel consumption
– energy price volatility and steel consumption prospects in the GCC region
– energy crisis in Europe and steel-consuming industries in the H2 2023
– war in Ukraine as a business case of Ukrainian steel industry sustainability amid extreme challenges
– how war in Ukraine changes trade in square billets, slabs and HRC market segments
– prospects for Indian export and its competitiveness amid removal of export duty
– impact of natural gas and electricity shortage on semis export from Iran
– prospects for local square billet supply in the GCC countries and from North Africa amid competition with importers into the region
– China’s role changes from net-importer to net-exporter; impact on regional trade flows
Capacity expansion and import substitution:
– flat steel market prospects in the GCC region
– who is going to win the battle of mega-projects – Oman, Saudi Arabia, or the UAE?